With the advent of the new year, you have the opportunity to make all sorts of changes to your life and your living space! However, it can be challenging to know where to start. If the idea of improving your home and your decor interests you, we have a list of tips on how to do so frugally and stylishly. All of these steps can be taken care of with just a little money and effort on your part—much like your standard do-it-yourself project.
- Spruce up the light sources around your home. This can be easily done by decorating your lampshades. Depending on your tastes, you can beautify the lamps around your home with ink, stamps, brooches or even stickers. Brooches in particular are perfect if you don’t want to commit to a specific look and like to change things up every once in a while. If you like the idea of using ink, make sure you pick something pigmented enough to display properly on your lampshade and make sure you have enough support to make the marks you want to—preferably a hard-surfaced workspace.
- Create vibrant decorations out of fabric. You can use your decorative fabric of choice to make appealing, colorful art for your home. All you need is the fabric itself, scissors, hanging clips and a curtain rod, a screwdriver, a pencil and hot glue. Simply cut the fabric as you’d like, adhere it to the rod in any way that is pleasing to you and then hang it from your wall by the rod.
- Decorate your throw pillows using beautiful scarves. Before you do this, make sure the scarf you’ve chosen is long enough to cover the pillow in the way you want. Using a flat surface, you can place the pillow over the scarf, then tie the scarf around your pillow with two ends at a time. You can accomplish this with one scarf or multiples. This will make your living room more beautiful and is perfect if you’re looking to create a quaint, more bohemian aesthetic for your home.
- Create your own wall decals with paint. With latex paint, stencils, the right sized brush, measuring and painter’s tapes and a pencil, you can map out and paint creative, gorgeous designs for your walls that can match the rest of your decor in color. This will take multiple coats to accomplish but is the perfect solution for more artistic homeowners.
- Beautify your side and end tables with decorative fabric. You will need to use measuring to accomplish this. Specifically, you’ll need to know the diameter and height of your table and then make sure the fabric you choose is large enough to cover it. Afterward, you can simply drape it and secure it with glue and ribbons. We guarantee the end result will be satisfying, pleasing to the eye and well worth the effort!
Click here to read more at A Time to Shop.